Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Laundry Day! (Ugh)

Today was laundry day. And for the first time in a month (or two),  I finally washed all my clothes and left no dirty piece behind. Except, of course, the ones I'm wearing.

While I was caught up doing my laundry (concert) with me singing The End on the top of my lungs, a million thoughts came and went inside my head.

One moment I was thinking about the last few weeks before classes begin, and what I wanted to do with them. The next thing I knew, I was thinking about how I can contribute to my org, and how big the responsibility of being the secretary general is. My thoughts are practically on shuffle if they were songs on any playlist.

So tonight, I look back to my laundry day as another experience to draw lessons from.

And the most applicable lesson for me is... never wait too long to wash your clothes because you might end up with a mountain of used clothing, and get really tired after washing them all.

It's the same thing with our emotions. Whether it be anger, sadness, envy, or whatever (negative or positive) emotion there is, when you keep it all inside you for some considerable period of time, the results can be quite a pain in the ass.

We all have a breaking point, just like there will always be a time when we badly need clean clothes, and trust me, it's gonna be exhausting cleaning up the mess. So you better not keep it to yourself too long, or else... you know the rest.

And I, on the other hand, will definitely try to wash my clothes at least once a week. God forbid there be another day I curse my laziness, and wear something not worth an #OOTD post.