Tuesday, September 17, 2013

A Necessary Post for Unnecessary Thoughts

We recently took our third long exam in our introductory course to Political Science. And I have a feeling that I'll be failing this test for the third time in a row. A round of applause, please. Thanks.

Now, I think that's about enough of my sarcasm. Let me show you a dramatic side of me... for my least favorite subject during my first semester in my first year in college.

I've dedicated all the efforts I could to swallow a plateful of Political terms and whatnot, but it wasn't enough. I've sacrificed sleep and peace of mind, but it wasn't enough. Surely, many of my classmates share my sentiments. But they couldn't have felt it the way I did. To me, the moment I read test one and realized I didn't know the answers to all the questions, I already felt like crying and killing myself. And I'm not kidding.

Nothing is worse than feeling like I've sacrificed so much, yet I knew it wasn't enough. I was able to give a sure answer to only around 3% of the exam. Most of the time, I only had with me a bunch of intelligent, as well as stupid, guesses. And I know that kind of thinking would get me nowhere. Ever. So I felt like figuratively crying my heart out, and literally stabbing it till it be no more.

Yet despite the extremely strong urge to cut the thin thread that connects me to this oh-so unfortunate life of mine, I just couldn't commit such a horrible act. Instead, I made this poem.


Oh, Political Science, 
What have you done to me?
You've killed my hopes,
And darkened my life.
How could I ever overcome,
Overcome my fear of thee?

Oh, Political Science,
I've spent sleepless nights for you.
Got high on glucose and caffeine,
And spent more than enough.
How could I ever get over you?
My, what must I do?

Oh, Political Science,
I cannot fathom thee.
There is not a single hope,
Nor some salvation left.
But I'll find a way, mark my words.
I'll pass your subject, just you see.