Thursday, September 26, 2013

What do I miss most?

It's almost four months since I arrived here in Cebu. I used to think it was only my friends and family I'd miss once I studied here. But four months of being away from the city I grew in made me realize there's so much to miss about home.

Since I've already mentioned about me missing my family, I might as well elaborate why. Why do I miss them so much, you ask? I miss them for many reasons, really. And even if it seems ironic that I somehow chose to go away on purpose, it doesn't make me miss them less. I miss their synchronized unpredictability, if such a thing's even possible. Haha! Since the first day that I arrived here, I've gotten used to my daily routine. Yet, a huge part of me misses having them complicate my routine.


Father's 5-star cooking. No one in this whole wide world could beat my father's superb, mouthwatering, and exquisite 5-star cooking. And that's one of the things I really miss the most. Aside from that, I also miss not having to think of where and what to eat for every meal. I just want to do other things, and when mealtime comes, my father would just serve a very delicious meal.

I miss my group of friends from high school. And I especially miss my best-est friend the most. It's not that I don't appreciate my new friends here--I really do appreciate them--it's just that I've grown really used to the synchronicity my best friend and I share. And I miss the four-year forged friendship I share with the rest of my friends there. There's absolutely nothing like it.

There's this adorably cute tea place there, too. Chingkee Tea had become my haven where I could just feel better about myself. I used to spend so much time with so many people there. It was my barkada's hang-out place. There's just something indescribable about that place which brings some familiar and calming aura to me. And considering that I haven't found a place like that here in Cebu, I miss Chingkee Tea even more.


But most of all, it's when I put all the aforementioned together that makes me want to just hop on a plane and go home in a jiffy. Because when I put all of those together, they make up the definition of home. And home is where I want to be right now.